Ship safety management is a series of management work around the ship performance, technical safety, cargo safety and the safety of life and property of related personnel
It is a series of management work such as leadership, organization and control.
In addition to the daily ship safety management, the captain should also pay attention to the following
The following situations.
Management of ship epidemic prevention and control
The influence of the mental health of seafarers on ship management
Daily port practice of ship captains during the epidemic
I. Management of ship's epidemic prevention and control
- Under the current COVID-19 epidemic, the ship's captain must efficiently organize the ship's personnel to take effective measures quickly to
The ship's captain has a great responsibility to organize the ship's personnel to take effective measures to avoid or reduce damage and to respond to outbreaks or suspected outbreaks.
The responsibility is great.
- Strictly grasp the implementation of prevention and control measures, organize training and study the relevant company circulars - the reaffirmation of the prevention and control of epidemics on board ships and the new guidelines on further improvement of epidemics.
We have organized training and studied the relevant circulars of the company - the reaffirmation on the prevention and control of the ship epidemic and the circular on the further improvement of the prevention and control of the new crown variant virus "DELTA" and "OMICRON".
and "OMICRON", as well as studying the latest "Operational Guidelines for Prevention and Control of New Coronavirus Epidemic on Ships" issued by the China Maritime Safety Administration.
The crew members' awareness and responsibility for epidemic prevention and control are strengthened.
- Regularly conduct epidemic prevention and control drills to improve crew members' ability and confidence in epidemic prevention and control.
- The global epidemic situation has changed the working and living patterns of crew members to a certain extent. Epidemic
The root of epidemic prevention and control lies in prevention, and ships should formulate perfect epidemic prevention and control measures and implement them strictly.
Only in this way can the physical and mental health of the crew be guaranteed and the normal and safe operation of the ship be ensured.
1. Actively respond to and implement the company's epidemic prevention and control management requirements
Establish a ship epidemic prevention and control team, consisting of the captain, chief engineer and first officer, with the captain as the team leader. Captain as
as the first person in charge of ship epidemic prevention and control work, guide the ship to carry out epidemic prevention and control work, implement all
The captain of the ship is the first person in charge of the prevention and control of epidemic in the ship, directs the ship to carry out the prevention and control of epidemic, implements the prevention and control measures and strengthens the prevention and control of epidemic.
According to the regular and emergency reporting system of the ship and shore established by the company, report the epidemic prevention and control situation of the ship on time.
- Crew members' daily morning and evening temperature measurement records and daily reports to the company.
- Records of consumption and inventory of epidemic prevention materials.
- Crew epidemic prevention training records.
- Records of ship disinfection, etc.
If a crew member is found to have a fever of more than 37.3℃, suspected cases or other physical abnormalities, report to the company immediately.
If a crew member's fever exceeds 37.3℃, suspected case or other abnormal health conditions are found, the crew will immediately report to the company's crew department and take prompt action according to the "Epidemic Emergency Response Procedure".
Organize regular training and mobilization of all crew members for epidemic prevention and control in a planned manner, and convey the instructions of the company and competent authorities on epidemic prevention and control in a timely manner.
The company and the competent authorities' instructions on epidemic prevention and control are conveyed in time, and training on the use of personal protective equipment and emergency drill procedures is conducted.
The epidemic prevention and control is a public act, and only when everyone fully understands, actively participates and strictly implements it, can the purpose of epidemic prevention and control be achieved.
The purpose of epidemic prevention and control can only be achieved if everyone fully understands, actively participates and strictly implements it.
2. Healthy and adequate ship staffing
- All crew members are vaccinated with the new crown vaccine and, if possible, receive a booster.
- Check the health certificates of all personnel on board to ensure that they are valid, and make a comprehensive assessment of their working, psychological and physical status.
Check the health certificates of all personnel on board to ensure that they are valid, and make a comprehensive assessment of their working, psychological and physical status to verify their suitability to work on board.
- Ensure that the captain and first officer have valid shipboard medical training certificates and first aid proficiency training certificates, and that they are constantly
The captain (second mate's agent) is responsible for ensuring that the captain and first mate have valid medical training certificates and first-aid training certificates on board, and that the captain and first mate regularly learn and practice routine medical and first-aid measures.
- The captain (second mate agent) is responsible for the management of medicines on board and the issuance of common medicines for crew members, which should be strictly controlled
and registration for inspection by the port health inspection department to prevent unnecessary fines (especially for outgoing Australian and
(especially outbound to Australia and Brazil ports).
Regular inspection of medical equipment and epidemic prevention materials
- Ensure that the equipment (including ventilation equipment, first aid equipment and sanitary equipment) in the ship's infirmary is in good condition at all times.
in good condition.
- Establish an isolation room, choose an infirmary or other room with relatively independent external circulation and ventilation, and keep it away from other crew cabins.
be far away from other crew cabins.
- Ensure that medical equipment and medicines on board are in accordance with the requirements of the flag state and that they are all valid.
- The ship's medical equipment and medication should be in accordance with the latest national protocols for the treatment of New Coronary Pneumonia and the company's requirements for prevention and treatment on board.
The medical equipment and medicines on board are in accordance with the latest national protocols for the diagnosis and treatment of Newcastle pneumonia and the company's requirements for prevention and treatment.
- The ship's captain and first officer regularly verify whether the epidemic prevention materials are adequately equipped.
According to the epidemic situation in the port of call and the consumption situation of the personnel on board, the ship's captain and first officer will apply to the company for sufficient epidemic prevention materials. (Medical disposable isolation suit
medical disposable isolation clothing, medical disposable mask, medical disposable gloves, medical disposable shoe cover, medical isolation mask, medical protective glasses, medical infrared measuring glasses, and medical protective glasses.
Medical protective glasses, medical infrared thermometer, mercury thermometer, alcohol-free gel hand sanitizer, 75% medical alcohol, 84 disinfectant, and other disinfectants.
(75% medical alcohol, 84 disinfectant, manual spray bottle, large-capacity sprayer, etc.)
4. Check the ventilation and air conditioning system on board
- Make sure the ventilation system and air conditioning system on board are running normally, and regularly clean and disinfect thoroughly.
- For the air conditioning system with return air, the return air should be able to be completely shut off and ensure that the system can operate with all fresh air.
- Ensure that the isolation room on board can cut off the air conditioning system vents and natural ventilation can be carried out.
5. Pay attention to personal hygiene
- Crew members should wash their hands, bathe and change clothes regularly, use soap or hand sanitizer when washing hands, and put the working clothes outside
Put the work clothes in the dressing room and forbid to wear them back to their own room. Use disinfectant to soak and wash the work clothes.
When coughing and sneezing, use tissues or bend your elbows to cover your mouth and nose to prevent splashing of droplets.
Burn the used paper towels.
6. Food, fresh water and hygiene management
- Ship's food should be purchased from regular suppliers and avoid purchasing from ports and areas where epidemic occurs as far as possible.
The chef should make scientific recipes and reasonable meals, with more fresh fruits and vegetables.
The chef should make recipes scientifically, eat reasonably, add more fresh fruits and vegetables, and ensure the intake of animal protein foods such as meat, poultry and fish in appropriate amounts.
- Fresh water for ships should be avoided as far as possible from ports and areas with poor sanitary conditions or epidemics; ensure the normal operation of the ship's
The ship's water machine should operate normally, the drinking water should be tested regularly, and the fresh water tank should be checked and cleaned regularly.
- Implement the ship's sanitation system to ensure that the crew's personal rooms, public places, especially the galley, dining room, food
The crew's tableware and plates are disinfected by boiling water or put in the disinfection cabinet regularly.
Disinfection. The captain, chief engineer and first officer will inspect the ship's kitchen, vegetable store, fish store, meat store, public area
The captain, chief engineer and first officer will inspect the ship's galley, vegetable store, fish store, meat store, public area and crew's personal room every week.
7. Strengthen supervision at the ladder entrance
- Staff on duty at the ladder entrance should wear protective equipment such as isolation clothes, masks and face masks in strict accordance with the requirements, and carry out identity checks on boarding personnel at the ladder entrance.
The ship's personnel should be registered at the ladder entrance for identity verification (prepare two pens, one for the crew on duty to register and the other
(prepare two pens, one for the crew on duty to register and the other for the signature of outsiders), and take body temperature, and forbid the unrelated personnel to board the ship.
The staff on duty at the ladder entrance carries 500ml alcohol spray bottle and places 2L alcohol pressurized spray bottle at the entrance of the ladder, so that when there are workers within 2 meters around
Disinfection is carried out immediately after workers walk past; and disinfection is often carried out on the hands and ladder entrance duty table and its vicinity.
- There is only one entrance and exit in the main deck of the living area, and all other doors in the living area are closed to the outside, and no one is allowed to enter the living area.
No one is allowed to enter the living area. 8.
8. Arrangement of epidemic prevention work in and out of the port
- Before the water is drawn on board, all the officers on duty on the bridge should put on isolation clothes, masks and face masks in strict accordance with the requirements.
Before boarding the ship, all bridge watchmen should wear protective equipment such as isolation clothes, masks and face masks and open the doors on both sides of the bridge.
(If the piloted water resolutely request to take the elevator to the driver's platform, the accompanying driver will let the piloted water take the elevator alone.
(If the pilot is determined to take the elevator to the bridge, the accompanying driver will let the pilot take the elevator alone and go to the bridge from the indoor stairs, and then arrange personnel to disinfect the elevator).
- When the pilot is on board, keep the doors open on both sides, prepare special binoculars, masks, face masks, alcohol
When the pilot water is on board, keep both doors open, prepare special binoculars, masks, face masks, alcohol-free gel hand sanitizer, 75% medical alcohol spray and other protective supplies for the pilot water.
Immediately after the introduction of water off the ship, a comprehensive disinfection is carried out on the driving platform.
- Foreign personnel were not allowed to enter the living area, and temporary tents were set up in the open area of the main deck outside the living area.
As a reception place, tables, chairs, computers and printers are set up inside to receive foreign personnel: customs, agents, instructors and commodity inspectors.
Immediately after the reception, the tables and chairs are fully disinfected; every 6 hours, a large-capacity spray is used to disinfect the main deck outside the living area.
Disinfect the open area of the main deck outside the living area with a large capacity fogger every 6 hours. Before berthing, the chief sailor prepares tents, tables
The tents, tables and chairs are prepared for sanitary work before berthing.
- The masks of people who have close contact with outsiders are strictly forbidden to be brought into the living area, and are uniformly put into the sealed recycling containers set up at the entrance of the ladder.
The masks are not allowed to be brought into the living quarters and are put into the sealed recycling containers at the ladder entrance.
- For Indonesian ports, during loading in the anchorage, it is not allowed to bring cable workers, customs, health inspectors, agents, shippers, foremen and loading masters on board.
There are more people on board, and they have little awareness of epidemic prevention.
The ship should be more vigilant about the epidemic protection.
a) Before arriving at the port, set up a quarantine area with safety nets to separate the crew and workers completely. The workers can only work in the main
The workers can only move around on the main deck, stern and living area side, and arrange workers to live under the hatch cover of 8~9 cargo compartments; and arrange
workers to cook at the stern of the ship; build open-air toilets at the stern for workers to use; and establish an epidemic-proof buffer area to
The buffer area was set up to store used and disinfected protective clothing.
b) The customs officer will take normal temperature measurements at the stairway watch and bring them to a special area for customs clearance in a temporary tent.
The health inspector will take the temperature of all crew members, and all crew members must wear protective equipment including protective clothing, goggles, face shield, and protective gloves.
All crew members must wear protective gear including protective clothing, goggles, face shield, protective gloves, foot coverings and N95 masks, etc.; customs and health officials will request to enter the living area to check the temperature of the crew members.
Customs and health inspection officials request to enter the living area to randomly check 2 crew members' rooms and check the duty-free warehouse.
If they request to enter the living area for inspection, they must wear protective clothing, goggles, face shield and protective mask.
If they request to enter the living area for inspection, they must wear protective clothing, goggles, face shield, protective gloves, foot cover and N95 mask, etc., and must be thoroughly disinfected before entering the living area.
Thorough disinfection must be carried out before entering the living area. After the inspection, the chief sailor leads the crew to thoroughly disinfect the living area again, especially
The crew will then thoroughly disinfect the living area, especially the areas that the officers have passed through and touched.
c) The living agent, shipper and loading master should be placed in the cargo room or other rooms with relatively independent
They should be located away from the crew cabins.
- Immediately after leaving the port, the deck crew should use large capacity sprayers to spray the living quarters of the agents, Shipper, Loading master, stern, and the ship's cabin.
master living place, stern and both sides of the deck with 84 disinfectant solution; after the water is diverted from the ship, a full disinfection of the
After the water has left the ship, the area and the ladder will be fully disinfected.
- All outgoing staff must wear protective equipment such as isolation suits, masks and face masks in strict accordance with the requirements.
For example, the captain of the ship does the customs, the driver picks up and drops off the water, the first mate accompanies the commercial inspection to see the draught, the first mate receives the barber, the carpenter measures the water, etc.
The carpenter measures the water, etc.
- All personnel must fully implement the above regulations and do a good job of monitoring and reminding each other, regardless of their position level.
We should supervise and remind each other.
9. Emergency plan
- During the period of epidemic, it is very difficult to get medical treatment in Hong Kong, so crew members should strengthen physical exercise and standardize working hours on board.
Crew members should strengthen physical exercise and standardize working hours on board, not to stay up late, to improve their physical quality and immunity, and avoid being sent to shore for medical treatment.
Strengthen ship safety management to avoid emergency shift change and medical treatment due to personal injury during the voyage or in port.
- Before arriving at port, remind the ship's crew to avoid catching cold, pay attention to rest and not to work too hard.
when taking temperature for crew members, especially for ships without elevator, cabin personnel climb from cabin level to main deck.
Be sure to take it easy, or go to the main deck to rest for a while in advance, so as to avoid the health inspectors from measuring the crew's temperature after arriving at the port.
The crew's body temperature is high and cannot pass the arrival procedures in time, thus delaying the loading and unloading of cargo.
1）Disposal of general fever, cough and other symptoms of ship crew
- Report to the company immediately.
- Arrange the sick crew to wear masks, restrict to stay in their own rooms for isolation and treatment, keep the rooms independently
ventilating and ventilation, designate a person to deliver meals and care under the premise of good self-protection.
- Other crew members should wear masks and wash hands in public areas, increase the number of temperature monitoring and keep continuous records, and
Implement decentralized dining.
- Disinfect the objects and tableware touched by sick crew members; change the air conditioning intake to external circulation to keep the living area
- According to the sick crew member's condition, provide medical guidance ashore and coordinate the crew member to seek medical treatment.
2) Emergency treatment for suspected or confirmed new crown cases of crew members
- If the ship finds the suspected new crown patient, immediately take measures to send the patient to the isolation room for isolation and report to the company at the same time.
The ship will start "high risk" epidemic prevention and control response;
- The company starts the emergency response plan, instructs the ship to implement prevention and control measures, and coordinates to arrange the patient to leave the ship for treatment.
- If the ship is operating in port, contact the company and agent quickly to arrange for the patient to be sent to shore for treatment.
- If the ship is underway, contact the company and the agent quickly to make arrangements for patients to be sent to shore in the nearest port.
- The ship should do a good job in advance to protect the patients from medical treatment, transfer and escorts, and do a good job in crew change or
apply for minimum crew exemption from the flag state, etc.
- After the patient is sent to the isolation area, evacuate the people living around the isolation area, close the surrounding places, and completely isolate them from the crew living area
complete isolation and maintain disinfection twice a day.
- Complete disinfection of the rooms and public places where the patient has lived.
- Exhausting close contacts with the patient and maintaining good isolation measures.
- Adopt "high risk" prevention and control measures for other healthy crew members and living quarters, including regular daily monitoring, including measuring
Take body temperature, disinfection, and implement personal protective measures.
- Crew members who are in close contact with patients must first take self-protection measures and wear full protective gear.
- Except for duty personnel, crew members should stay in their personal rooms as much as possible and use the telephone and radio system for communication to
reduce personnel contact.
- Implementing comprehensive disinfection of the ship under the guidance of the CDC at the shore base and port location.
- Strengthen the ideological education of crew members to eliminate their panic and anxiety.
Disseminate false information about the epidemic, disbelieve rumors, and do not spread rumors.
II. The impact of seafarers' mental health status on ship management
Under the epidemic, the world is plunged into uncertainty, seafarers feel nervous, worried, panic or anxious.
This has caused a great impact on the mental and psychological health of seafarers on board.
Mental health is the result of a combination of emotional, physical, environmental, biological and psychological factors.
Under the current new epidemic, the impact of seafarers' mental health on ship management is, in my personal opinion, mainly
Embodied in the following aspects.
- The influence on the safety of ship navigation.
- The influence on the safety of ship operation.
- The influence on the ship's work accidents.
- The influence on the overall work of the ship.
How to improve and enhance the mental health state of seafarers and the management level of ships?
The mental health of seafarers is related to all aspects of ship management, and failure to properly face and handle the various mental states of seafarers will inevitably lead to
The failure to face and deal with the various psychological states of seafarers will inevitably lead to the emergence of unsafe conditions on ships and cause safety accidents. As a seafarer
themselves, the leaders of the ship and the management company should pay attention to the mental health of seafarers and bring into play the strengths of all parties to improve the mental health of seafarers.
We should take advantage of all aspects to improve the mental health of seafarers and enhance ship management.
To promote the value of seafarers' career and their contribution to society, so that the society can have a better understanding of seafarers' career.
During the epidemic, let seafarers be considered as KEY WORKER and the most beautiful retrograde to be fully reflected, and
contribute to the improvement of seafarers' social status.
The training is planned for seafarers before they go on board, so that they can eliminate some psychological problems on land.
The training will reduce the negative psychology of working on board and improve the enthusiasm of working on board.
Organize good psychological guidance and health adjustment for the crew. During the epidemic, the ship could not change shifts normally.
Therefore, the crew members work longer hours on board, and the pressure of work factors, family factors and their own state
The pressure of work factors, family factors and their own state is increasing, which may lead to negative emotions such as anxiety and suspicion, anger and irritability, loneliness and impulsiveness.
The captain and the department head need to conduct targeted guidance and regulation.
During the period of ocean release or anchoring, the ship often organizes some recreational activities for the crew, such as playing chess, poker, darts, ping pong, set of
Playing poker, darts, ping pong, laps, karaoke and other competitions.
During the anchoring period, fishing can be done to adjust the atmosphere of the ship; every week, we make dumplings together, and in good weather, we
If the weather is good, we can have extra meals or barbecue or hotpot together regularly to relax the crew.
Seafarers on board should cultivate a hobby of their own in culture and sports, which may really achieve the purpose of cultivating the mind and nurturing the nature.
For example, reading books, practicing writing, writing diary, raising flowers and plants or doing some planned amateur
This will add some different colors to your life.
Now the company's fleet is installed with Triton or V-SAT, so the crew can go online to chat with their families and friends in their leisure time, and learn about what's going on at home.
In their spare time, crew members can chat with their families and friends on the Internet and learn about the living conditions at home and the domestic and international situation.
Seafarers should learn to be more tolerant and open-minded in dealing with work and life matters, and not to be calculating and petty.
Calculating, small-minded; encounter unreasonable or unsatisfactory things to seek the most appropriate solution, hold
grievances do not accumulate in their own psychology, increasing the bad mood. Most of the irrational incidents on the ship
are in the process of drinking, so in the process of drinking, try to avoid irritating or too sharp
So try to avoid irritating or too sharp language during the drinking process, and prevent conflicts from escalating due to drinking.
III. Daily port practices for ship captains during an epidemic
1. During the epidemic, in order to prevent cross infection, Australian agents do not go on board the ship for customs clearance.
During the epidemic period, in order to prevent cross-infection, Australian agents did not go on board to do customs clearance.
- The Brazilian agent came on board after the cargo was finished and did customs clearance in a temporary tent set up on the deck, signing the relevant documents.
I personally suggest the captain to make a list of arrivals and departures in advance, so as to confirm one item at a time.
I personally suggest the captain to make a list of arrivals and departures in advance, so as to confirm one by one, in case the signing of the relevant arrival and departure documents is missed.
- The Guinean agent just comes to the anchorage with the customs, immigration, commodity inspection and PSCO to do the customs clearance together.
About 1 hour to complete the customs, then all off the ship, after the completion of the cargo departure documents, the agent is through the mail and the captain
- Indonesia port anchorage loading, agent, Shipper, Loading master, workers are living on board, need to pay attention to
It should be noted that there are more people living on board, workers and agents are not allowed to enter the living area, and extra personnel are assigned to be on duty at the ladder entrance.
- Only agents and health inspectors are on board the ship at the domestic discharge port, and the commodity inspection is generally not on board.
After berthing, the commodity inspection requires the first officer to provide Hydraulic Table related information, oil and water, ship's constant, etc., and there are less personnel on board.
The number of personnel on board is relatively small.
The captain of the ship is in the tent to do customs inspection and the first officer to do commercial inspection, must maintain a distance of more than 1.5 meters from the outsiders, personal protective equipment must be worn.
Personal protective equipment must be worn.
2. Discussion on the timing of NOR submission in Australia during the COVID-19 outbreak
- In response to the current global pandemic outbreak of Newcastle Pneumonia, the Australian Department of Health has imposed the following requirements on merchant ships from outside Australia
The requirements for quarantine are as follows.
"The new ruling of Australia port authority on mandatory 14 day Quarantine
for all vessels left or transited through a port outside of Australia "
- A vessel A,V12 sails from SON DUONG (Son Duong Port), Vietnam after discharging its cargo to Singapore for bunkering.
1736LT(GMT+8 hrs) 05-Apr-2020 from Singapore for refueling and then to Western Australia
DAMPIER for loading back to home port. For the COVID-19 outbreak, from the start of the voyage from Singapore
The mandatory 14-day quarantine requirement must be met by Australia.
- The following is an excerpt from the V12 voyage instructions for LAYCAN.
For Ballast Leg :
Your vessel is required to arrive at load port - Dampier on 11 Apr 2020.
Laycan : 19~28 Apr 2020 ( please advise ETA load port to agents and notify
us immediately of any possibility to miss or be early for laycan )
- For NOR submission timing at Port Walcott / Dampier is usually
a) As is practice at this port, please Tender NOR at anchor down time.
b) Vessel berthing upon arrival is to tender NOR at crossed port limits time.
The vessel arrives at anchor at DAMPIER at 0200LT (GMT + 8 hrs) 11-Apr-2020.
the usual port regulations, which is reasonable.
- The timing of NOR submission under the impact of COVID-19 outbreak is to be explored: for quarantine 14 days mandatory, this time
node, from 1736LT (GMT + 8 hrs) 05-Apr-2020 departure from Singapore, is it calculated in natural days, or in 14 full days, depending on the time of departure.
or by 14 full days, to be calculated in the following cases.
a) In the case of COVID-19 epidemic, for charterer voyage instructions the LAYCAN time period is 19~28-
Apr-2020, without specifying the node of time, to calculate the number of natural days 14 days, 0001LT (GMT + 8 hrs)
19-Apr-2020, submit another NOR (NOR Re-tender)
Add at the end " This Notice of Readiness is tendered without prejudice to any previously
b) In the case of the COVID-19 epidemic, calculated to reach 14 full days, 1736LT (GMT + 8 hrs) 19-Apr-
2020, and finally submit a NOR (NOR Re-tender)
Also add "This Notice of Readiness is tendered without prejudice to any previously tendered NOR's.
previously tendered NOR's."
In my personal opinion, for outgoing time charters, for the benefit of the shipowner, when the timing of NOR submission is uncertain, it is better to submit NORs in all three cases.
It is better to submit NOR in all the above three cases, and let the charterer and the shipper to divide and judge the time point.
It is the best policy.
3. Nowadays, due to the epidemic, the PSC in Chinese ports is conducting remote inspection, which requires more documents than
It is suggested that the captain should scan the latest legal certificates and inspection certificates for the ship.
It is recommended that the captain should scan the latest legal certificates and minor certificates for inspection in case they are needed. When the time comes, just spend most of your time and energy to prepare for the
The material of video inspection on site can be saved, saving a lot of time needed for temporary scanning of legal certificates and minor certificates of inspection.
This saves a lot of time needed for temporary scanning of legal certificates and minor certificates for inspection.
The above are some of the insights from the ship during the epidemic, to share with you, if there is something wrong, please put forward
Please give us your valuable opinions.
END Thank you all!